The Hi-Desert Fly Fishers are headed back to Pyramid Lake in Sutcliffe Neveda, home of the giant Lahontan Cutthroat Trout! This will be a two-day guided trip hosted by Joe Contaldi, Owner/Operator of Pyramid Lake Anglers Guide Service.
The format will be exactly the same as it was for our last trip. I will be the trip planner and will keep this site updated on a daily basis or as needed to answer any questions you may have regarding lodging, licenses, etc., I will also maintain an email list of participants once fly fishers start signing up and will send emails as needed. I suggest checking the Hi-Desert Fly Fishers website at www.hidesertflyfishers.com. Once you open the website, click on the ‘EVENT‘ tab, and you’ll go directly to the Pyramid Lake – 2024 trip page. As you scroll through the pages, you’ll see any and all updates regarding the trip dated and posted by me. (jwo-11-22-2023)
General Trip Information:
- Pyramid Lake Anglers Guide Service will be our service provider.
- This is a two-day guided trip with 8 hours fishing each day.
- Friday, March 8th & Saturday, March 9th, 2024
- Each angler has access to a state-of-the-art custom fishing ladder.
- Each angler has access to (2) 8wt outfits, one for fishing an indicator and 0ne with a fast-sinking line for retrieving.
- All leaders, tippet and custom flies are included. (or) you can bring your own gear if you like.
- We will be on the water at 6:00am sharp for 8 hours.
- Breakfast is included at 8:00am and lunch is included at 11:30am-12:00pm
- Cold non-alcoholic beverages are also included
Fly Fisher Participation Required:
- We need a minimum of 8 anglers to make the trip and a maximum of 20.
Pyramid Lake Trip Cost:
- $250.00 per day – per angler + transportation, lodging, etc.
- The Hi-Desert Fly Fishers is requiring a $250.00 deposit for this outing.
If you’re interested in making this trip, please contact Jim Ower or Rodney Romero ASAP. We will start putting the list together effective today, and will post the names as they are received, please note, membership in the Hi-Desert Fly Fishers is NOT a requirement to participate this event. When you submit your name, please include the following information:
- Full Name
- cell phone number
- email address
- Are you a left (LH) or Right (RH) angler. (jwo-11-22-2024)